04 March 2010

I'm kind of awful at blogging.

Hey dears-

Sorry I haven't been keeping you updated with vivid accounts of my day-to-day activities. I've been busy with a ton of schoolwork, a ton of sleeping, and a ton of... Punta del Este! I've only been to the beach once in the past, oh, 15 or so years (I'm not counting Coney Island, because, who would?), so it was incredible. I'm somewhat of an amateur at applying sunscreen, though, so I have a couple of goofy handprints on my back, as well as a bright red right leg: thanks, forgetfulness! And while the beach was amazing and all, and the water was warm and clear, and the sand was soft, and everything was perfect (jealous much?), the best part of Punta was all of the people I met.

Since we stayed at a hostel, there were lots of other travelers there too. In my room of six, there was me, two friends from NYU, an Irish guy, and two German guys (replaced on Saturday by two girls from northern New Jersey). We made good friends with the Irish guy and his traveling buddies (one other Irish guy, and two British kids), and made plans with the German guys to hang out in Buenos Aires when they get here in a week or so.

Basically, Uruguay was awesome: everything from the fancy Buquebus ferry to the classic rock cover band in Moby Dick (a bar) on Friday night to a late-night McDonalds visit. Apparently, you're supposed to call chicken nuggets "Mac-noogs." Thank you, random helpful Uruguayan kid! The only downside was when I lost a slip of paper, and had to pay around 35$US to get back into Argentina (after a lengthy and probably incoherent Spanish argument on my part).

You can check out all of my pictures here! (Sidenote: Hey, fam, I'm more than old enough to drink here. No judging.)
Punta del Este!

No comments:

Post a Comment